Thursday, September 23, 2010

Rum. Rumpelstiltskin?

   I may have a new sippin' rum. Captain Morgan Private Stock. Since I was introduced to Ron Zacapa and Ron Botran, two fine Central American rums, I have been quite a rum elitist. The only problem with these two rums is they are hard to find around here. I typically only get a bottle of these when my father-in-law goes to Guatemala. Captain Morgan Private stock gives these two exotic rums a run for their money. It has a bite, but then it's oh so smooth. It has a sweet taste too which some drinkers may not enjoy, but I enjoy a touch of sweet if I'm not mixing it with anything. 
   This rum is the standard 40% alcohol, but the other night it sure as hell felt like more. I had what would equal about three shots, and I was out (I did also have a beer and two glasses of wine). Meg had about one shot on top of a couple glasses of wine and she was lit. I must reiterate, this rum is not for mixing folks. That would be a waste of good rum. Have I given up on Zacapa and Botran? Heck no, but in between Danny's trips to Central America, this will do just fine.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment